For the purposes of this Policy and in line with the Act, Personal Data shall mean information which identifies you as an individual or entity for which your identity can be reasonable ascertained. Examples of Personal Data would be your name/ pseudonym, postal address and email address.
By voluntarily providing us with Personal Data, you are consenting to our use of it in accordance with this Policy. If you provide Personal Data, you acknowledge and agree that such Personal Data may be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of the Company.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The following information shall be received and stored by TM: –
(a) INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US. We collect information you provide to us which shall include your Personal Data (i.e. name, gender, postal address, birthdate, telephone number, facsimile number, email address, credit/debit card information, photos etc.). We collect this information in a number of ways including when you enter it while using our service or interact with our customer service (if any).
(b) INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY. We automatically collect information about you and your use of our service and your interactions with our advertising. As such, we may collect certain personally non-identifiable information which includes: –
- Device-specific information such as hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, memory, sound card data, IP address.
- Details of how you use our services such as your search queries.
- Total number of visitors using our Services, the number of visitors to each page of our Services
- USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information received from you in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. If you provide Personal Data for certain reason, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided. Your Personal Data and other information may also be used by us, our affiliates or Authorised Third Parties for the following reasons: –
- To manage, verify and complete transactions with you
- To better understand our users’ preferences and for research and development;
- To understand, analyse our users’ needs and generate statistical analysis;
- To process customer administration;
- To create users’ profiling services preferences;
- To assist the finance and marketing operations and activities and/or as required in the provision of our services including but not limited to credit control services;
- To comply with any regulatory, statutory or legal obligation imposed on us by any relevant authority;
- To verify and process payment when you use the Services;
- To verify and record your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you;
- To conduct market research of the users of the Services including the number of users, the frequency of use, profile of users and using such analysis for our business plans, the enhancement of our products and services, targeted advertisements;
- To send you information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by Us.
If we intend on using any Personal Data in any manner that is not consistent with this Policy, you will be informed of such anticipated use prior to or at the time at which the Personal Data is collected.
TM reserves the right to amend this Policy from time to time (i.e. to update, revise or modify this Policy as and when necessary without prior notice). Please review this policy periodically, and especially before you provide us any of your Personal Data. Your continued use of the Services after any changes, revisions or modifications to this Policy shall indicate your agreement with the terms of such revised Policy.
- PARENTAL ADVISORY
IF YOU ARE BELOW 18 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE OBTAIN YOUR PARENT/GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION BEFORE USING AND/OR ACCESSING OUR SERVICES AS ONE OR MORE OF OUR SERVICES ARE NOT CATERED TO USER UNDER THE AGE OF 18 (MAY CONTAIN EXPLICIT CONTENT INCLUDING USE OF PROFANE LANGUAGE AND/OR SEXUAL REFERENCES). PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA UNLESS YOU HAVE OBTAINED PERMISSION FROM YOUR PARENT/GUARDIAN. IF YOU HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THAT A CHILD UNDER THE AGE OF 18 HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO US THROUGH OUR SERVICES, PLEASE CONTACT US AND WE WILL ENDEAVOUR TO DELETE THAT INFORMARTION FROM OUR DATABASE.
OTHERWISE ALL PERSONAL DATA PROVIDED BY A USER SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED BY A USER ABOVE 18 OR HAS OBTAINED THE RELEVANT PERMISSION FROM THEIR PARENT/GUARDIAN.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
TM shall not sell or rent your Personal Data and other information save and except as provided herein. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, such as in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event where Personal Data and all other information may be part of the transferred assets. Where services from an Authorised Third Party is required, we will share your Personal Data on a strictly confidential basis. Authorised Third Party will not be allowed to use your personal information disclosed to them except for the limited purpose of providing the particular service.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Please be informed that TM may provide a link or a platform to third party applications, websites and/or services to make available certain services to you (“Third Party Services”). Such Third Party Services may contain, from time to time, links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or of any third party. You should review the privacy policies of such Third Party Services. This Policy applies solely to information collected by our services.
Cookies are small files that are placed on your device when you visit our website. Cookies are placed in your device’s hard drive to identify your device to our server. Generally, cookies themselves only record those areas of the site that have been visited by the device and the duration. Cookies serve several useful purposes: –
- to help save and retrieve your sign-in credentials. This way, you will not have to re-enter information upon every new visit to our website.
- to help TM and Authorised Third Parties track information such as the frequency and duration of your use of our services, your click-stream as you go through our services, your preferred sites, and help us determine whether you came to our services from a particular Internet link or banner advertisement;
- to help TM and Authorised Third Parties analyse the profile of visitors and users to helps us in providing you with better Services and to enhance our services;
- to personalize the content, banners and promotions that you will see on our website.
Please note that you may choose to decline or disable cookies (please refer to your browser help menu) although most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your device at the end of a session.
- RIGHTS OF USERS (DATA SUBJECTS)
Users are still able to access and/or use our services without providing any Personal Data. However, please note that if you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to access and/or use certain services.
Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by us on payment of a prescribed fee and to request correction of the Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date. If you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish for us to make any correction or if you wish to withdraw your consent, you may send your request in writing to: [INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS OF DEPARTMENT/ PERSON IN CHARGE OF HANDLING PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING AND STORAGE]
- TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF MALAYSIA
In the course of TM’s business, we may need to transfer your personal information to other group companies or services providers located in countries outside of Malaysia. By your continuing usage of our service and access to our Services, you hereby consented to such transfer.
- GOVERNING LAW
This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. You hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Malaysia.
CONTEST STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This Contest Standard Terms and Conditions (“Standard T&C”) shall govern the Contest that is organised by the Organiser as further stipulated in the Basic Terms. The Standard T&C and shall be in addition to the terms as set out in the Basic Terms (the Basic Terms and the Standard T&C shall collectively be referred to as “Terms and Conditions”).
- The brief mechanism of the Contest shall be set out in the Basic Terms. The Organiser reserves the right to at any time, change, amend, delete or add to the Terms and Conditions and other rules and regulations including the mechanism of the Contest at its absolute discretion. The Organiser may terminate or suspend the Contest at any time at its absolute discretion in which case, the Organiser may elect not to award any prize. Such termination or suspension will not give rise to any claim by the Contestants. If the Contest is resumed by the Organiser, the Contestant shall abide by the Organiser’s decision regarding resumption of the Contest and disposition of the Prizes.
- Any Contest Entry must be complete, accurate and sent to the Organiser vide the Mode and to the Address together with such other documents as may be required as set out in the Basic Terms. Entries must be received by the Organiser on or before the Entry Deadline as set out in the Basic Terms. By submitting the Contest Entry, the Contestant shall be deemed to have read, understood, accepted and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.The Contestant Eligibility Criteria are as set out in the Basic Terms.
- The Contestant represents and warrants with the Organiser that –
4.1. the Contestant has met all the eligibility criteria and has the right, authority and power to enter into the Contest in accordance with Terms and Conditions and shall provide such proof as the Organiser requires;
4.2. all the statements (if any and if so required) made by the Contestant to the Organiser are true, correct, accurate and complete.
- The winners’ names will be notified or announced by the Organiser by such mode and in such manner as set out in the Basic Terms. The Organiser’s decisions on all matters relating to the Contest (including without limitation, the selection of Contestants, play of the contest and/or any resolutions made) shall be final and absolute and binding on the Contestants. No discussion, correspondence, enquiry, appeal or challenge in respect of any decision of the Organiser will be entertained.
- The Terms and Conditions of the Contest shall be construed, governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
- The Contestants forever waive, release and discharge the Organiser, its agencies, sponsors and representatives from and against, any and all liabilities, costs, loss, damages or expenses which the Contestant or any party claiming through the Contestant hereafter may have arising out of acceptance of any Prize(s) or participation in the Contest including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether or not direct, consequential or foreseeable. The Contestant shall indemnify the Organiser, its affiliates, agent and sponsors from and against all liability, cost, loss or expenses suffered thereby as a result of the Contestant’s breach of the Contestant’s warranties and undertakings and any breach of the Terms and Conditions and/or the rules and regulations of the Contest.
- The Contestant acknowledges that his/her participation in the Contest shall be at his/her own risks.